Prescribed betnesol injections for fetal lung maturity. Safe to take steroid during pregnancy?

Hi! I am 30 weeks pregnant. My ultrasound reportshows a sinle live fetus shadow vertex presentation. Placenta is anterior grade 1 maturity, Liquor is average. fetal wt approx. 1640gm, gestational age 30-31 week. FHR 148/min. My doc has prescribed me 2 doses of betnesol injections 12mg each. The reason stated was for fetal lung maturity. My concern is that when everything seems normal and they never mentioned that I have chances od pre term labor.. is it wise to take this steroid. Are their any side effects associated with it. I look forward to your reply. Thank you in advance. Pink
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012