Prescribed antibiotics for complications after wisdom teeth removal. Should I go to a specialist?

Hello, My husband had his widsom teeth removed on Thursday and he experienced several complications. When they removed his widsom teeth they cut a part of his gum and the side of his lip. They had to give him stitchs and he is supposed to return on Friday. They prescribed a antibotic every 8 hours but I am concerned of the possible long term effects. I have read online where people have died from getting their wisdom teeth removed and I am very concerned and I am not sure if he should go to the same office or see a specialist as they dont seem to know what they are doing.
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012