Prescribed Tipride, Nexrpo for constipation. Possible side effects?

The doctor has prescribed the following for my constipation; 1. Tilpride RD - 1 tab before breakfast 2. Nexrpo 40 - i tab just before meals 3.Download - 2 tsp before retiring. What are the possible side effects? Are these medicines habit forming? Also the medicines are expensive for taking on a regular basis. Is there an alternative away from medicines like exercises and walks etc.? Just to familiarise you with my details I am a male,72 , 180 cm tall and weigh 80 kgs. The reports of the annual chec-ups have not brought out anything alarming , except a slighly enlarged prostate , and BP . Both of them are under contrao with medication . Regards, Ashish DasGupta
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013