Prescribed Primolut for irregular menstrual cycles. Fever. Is it okay to stop Primolut?

My wife had irregular menstrual cycle just for 5 to 6 months and the last one was non-stop bleeding for almost 17 days (10 days severe + 7 days slight). The Doctor advised that she should use Primolut N 5 mg 1 tablet two times daily for 21 days. Then she shall wait 7 days and then shall start the same dose. It shall be continued for at least 3 months. My wife started the Tablets and after 16 days she had fever in the range of 37.2 – 37.6 ⁰C with chill some times. When we informed the Doctor she advised us to visit an internist for this purpose as it is not the side effect of Primolut N. The internist performed several laboratory tests including ultrasound and chest x-ray, but nothing serious was found and everything was normal. My wife has still fever and she is on the same dose for the 2nd month and today is the 16th day of the 2nd month.
As we did not find anything else in the tests, therefore my wife decided not to use the Primolut N any more. So I want to know that;
Is it ok to stop the Primolut N at this time? And is it possible that the fever may be the side effect of Primolut N.
Need help from someone.

Thanks for your cooperation in advance.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013