Prescribed Norethistrone to delay periods. When should I take it?

Hi i ve been given Norethistrone 5mg to delay my period as it is due on my wedding day on 12th September and will be goin on honeymoon directly afterwards. If i take it in August to postpone my august period in eg for two weeks will my cycle then be four weeks in september again and come on the psost poned date or will it come on the usual date ie 1th September. I d preferr not to have to take pills on my wedding day anmcd on honeymoon incase i forget.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
You wish to time your cycle according to your wedding date without using any medication on the specified date. This is possible provided you time your dates at least two cycles in advance. In the current scenario, I cannot assure you that this technique is definitely going to work. Instead, it is safer to go ahead with the hormone medication through your wedding. You may also try oral pills for a couple of months or until as you wish after consulting an expert. Hope you find this information useful. Take care.