Prescribed Miralax for constipation, was using Laxopeg. Can I use one instead of other ?

hi I am in USA. My doctor prescribed miralax for my son (5 years old). Doctor is from USA. When my son was in india (1 year back) indian doctor also prescribed Laxopeg - polyethylene glycol 3350 for his constipation . I see both medicine has same drug content. Can i use, indian medicine instead of USA medicine? My son is good with both the medicines. Only thinking this because of cost of these two medicines. Please suggest.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013