Prescribed Metronidozol for tooth infection causing dizziness and sickness. Side effects?

Hello, recently prescribed metronidozol for a tooth infection from the drs, after 4 days of taking it I could take it no longer as it was causing me to feel dizzy and sick. After not taking it for 2 days I still feel at times sick and have no appetite what so ever. The sight of food is turning my stomach and my stomach is mimicking the pains/feelings that are made when experiencing diarrhoea however have has none of this. Is this side effect common and if so, how long until I fancy food again?! Sincerely Rosie
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013