Prescribed Metronidazole for bacterial vaginosis. Could BV have triggered herpes?

My wife was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis ...she was prescribed the antibiotic Metronidazole . ( a 7 day prescription ). Doing research I have seen that BV is not always attributed to a new sexual partner eeeeven though there was infidelity on her part. My question is this..... recently she told me that the herpes virus showed up in her blood work...and she saying that her primary care physician said that it possibly laid dormant in her system for the past 10 years...Could BV have trigured this?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012