Prescribed Metronidazole and Doxycycline for yeast infection. Safe to take together?

I've been dealing with what I thought were reoccurring yeast infections for about 2.5 years now. I have seen 5 Dr's and been prescribed a number of medications. I have taken all for the full dose as instructed. Nothing beyond natural supplements (Caprylic Acid, Pau D'Arco, Oregano Oil...) worked but these are not 100% effective. They make it livable but don't solve the problem.

I recently went to a new Dr. Had a culture taken. Negative for both yeast and bacteria. Took 6 days of Difulcan. Discharge came back. Am now being prescribed Metronidazole and Doxycycline together for 7-10 days. I'm worried about taking these for two reasons: 1) antibiotics and me never do well together (major digestive issues) 2) if I didn't have a yeast infection already, I could certainly get one now. Need advice. Take these two antibiotics together? Any ways I can guard myself against digestive issues/yeast infections?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013