Prescribed Glucophage for PCOD. Spotting instead of period. Abnormal thyroid

Dear Dr Manoranjan I have been putting on weight for the past 1 year more than 5-8 kgs and I am already overweight . I have been following regular diet and exercise (brisk walking for 45 mins in the morning), Dr adviced pelvic ultrasound and they found some seedling fibroids . They diagnosed early stage of PCOD and prescribed glucophage and I did not take the medication due to advice from family. I was having a normal menstrual cycle, from last month I have not got my period but have been spotting on and off and some days the spotting turns into bleeding like the first day of the period, this has been going on for last 3 weeks. I got blood tests and TSH indicates 5.8 and Serum Prolactin around 22, doctor indicates the thyroid is causing the irregular menstrual cycle and bleeding and prescribed yasmin for 21 days and pause for 3 days and ordered detailed Thyroid tests. Please advice
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012