Prescribed Duphaston before disc replacement surgery. History of miscarriage. Missed period. Meaning?

Hi, well I have a disc replacement operation in a few days and my period was supposed to be due on the day of my surgery. My doctor suggested I take duphaston for ten days then I d get my period and it would end before I have my surgery. It s been 7 days since I stopped taking the medicine however but no period. Could you tell me what this may mean ? Also I had a miscarriage on the 18th of november due to a discogram. I was 5 weeks pregnant, if I m pregnant now and dont know it will me having my operation on the 17th of this month and my earlier miscarriage affect the outcome ?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012