Prescribed Distinon for difficulty swallowing. Pain in diaphragm. Cause for concern?

My elderly (87) mother was prescribed Distinon yesterday for difficuly with swallowing . She had an ECG done yesterday and it was good. She took the first dose last night. This morning she was complaining of pain in the diaphragm / lower chest area. Could it be due to the Distinon and is it cause for concern? I checked the side-effects for the medication but didn t see anything similar on the list. She is bed-ridden and its really difficult to move her to take her to a doctor.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012