Prescribed Deviry and Sylate for vaginal bleeding. Continuous bleeding. What should I do now?

Hello , myself Jaya , I am 42 , I have been prescribed Devery 10 mg and Sylate for week for severe vaginal bleeding since 15 days, although after a week the bleeding has slowed down and no cramp pains are there but still early morning i have normal bleeding, the Doctor has suggested the above medication for a week further, pls suggest what should i do now .
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012
Hi Jaya, Deviry and Sylate both are effective in excessive vaginal bleeding and may be continued for one more week as advised by your gynaec. Hopefully the bleeding will stop by then. However if it persists you can ask your doctor to either change the medication or increase the dosage of current medication. Excessive vaginal bleeding around 40 years of age also needs to be thoroughly investigated at a well equipped healhcare centre irrespective of response to treatment.