Prescribed Ciproflaxicin 250mg every 12 hours, palpitaions, high BP, off balance, odd heartbeats. Are these Cipro effects ?

Hello, I was prescribed Ciproflaxicin 250mg every 12 hours on Monday to correct some UTI symptoms I was having. I started the medication Monday night. Tuesday I took 1 for each 12 hour period. Wed I took one in the morning. I was having a lot of palpitations but didn't think much of it as I am a anxious person and have them often, but this time, they seem to constantly be there. I checked my BP when I got home since I am obese and have HBP, and my bp unit started beeping like crazy. My heart was beating very odd with a few beeps, pause, very often. I ended up not taking another Cipro that night, the heartbeats seemed to calm down. Today i felt very off-balance and dizzy if i turn my head fast. it seems tonight the same skipped beats are occuring again. I read the side effects of this drug and was scared as the symptoms stated they could be life threatening. Any thoughts? Should I go to the ER tonight to see if I am okay? How long will it take for the cipro to totally leave my body?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013