Prescribed Cipro for ulcerative colitis. Got hives on stomach. Getting them even after stopping Cipro. Suggestions?

My daughter was given cipro for ulcerative colitis from her GI. She took it for three weeks during which we noticed she had a hive or two but they would come and go and so we continued on the drug. She then broke out into hives all over her stomach . We called the pharmacist and they said to stop the drug. When we did the stomach cleared up but not she s still having hives (almost a week later) coming and going all over her body - not to the same extent as on that day when we stopped the drug but still obvious (sometimes a single hive sometimes patches of them). They don t seem to bother her but I m worried. Is it the cipro? Please help as all of her drs are just shrugging their shoulders.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013