Prescribe how to use ortho-tri pill to delay periods. Taking sugar pills already.

Hello- I'm trying to delay my period a week as I"m leaving for a trip to see my boyfriend at the time I'm supposed to have my period. I"m on Ortho-Tri lo and I want to know the best way to do this. Should I just take the first 3 weeks, then skip the sugar pills, and go to week 3 in a new pack? Do I just continue my regular schedule then after the sugar pills are done in the second pack (so basically i'm wasting the first two weeks of pills). Is that correct?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013