Prescibed Lymecycline, suffered severe hair loss, on medication for overactive thyroid. How to control hair loss ?

hello I have been prescibed lymecycline and have been taking them for nearly six weeks the past two weeks i have suffered incredible hair loss around five hundred a day my hair is lyterally coming out in clumps if i just lightly pull on any of it my doctor keeps telling me it may be stress i am also on medication for an overactive thyroid however my current dose is controlling it my hair loss is really concerning and upsetting me as i have noticed the top of my head hair thinning i dont know what to do
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013