Preponed periods cycle, scanty flow. Prescribed with Folic acid, Vitamin E, Ecosprin. Reason for periods irregularity?

hi ...i am 31 yrs old.married for almost 5 years...i ve always had a perfect 27-28 days cycle..with regular flow.however from past few months flow kind of became scanty ,however periods came on time between it came after 30 -31 days....but this time my periods came after 20-21 days from my last started with spotting for few days...then scanty flow...its been 2 weeks and i am still having a very feeble flow.i dont have any pain in my lower abdomen .what could be the reason for this..?stress/cysts/fibroids?I have never exercised in my life....however i just started with brisk walks for 1hr alomost everyday. Also when I visited my gynae last month she told me i have a very very healthy uterus and only prescribed me folic acid , vitamin e and ecosprin(for blood flow ).also last year in oct when i had come down with uti doc advised me to get a ultrasound done.the results were cyst/fibroids were detected. what is the reason for this irregularity? could you recommend any special diet i can follow as i am not that keen on taking medicines.if its harmonal imbalance what can i do? my spouse is overseas on a project since jan and will be back by year end.I try to visit him once in few months.once he is back we want to try for a baby.could you pls help.
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012