Prenatal stroke, depression, weakness. Done MRI and sinus CAT scan. Is it related to damaged brain?

When my daughter was approx. 10 years old we learned she had a prenatal stroke. This was in follow-up to a sinus cat-scan. She was an A student and no other problems were present. When she was seen at a Children's Hospital we were told the brain had rewired itself and she probably would never have any problems. Note: almost 1 complete half of her brain was dark and undeveloped on MRI. We know her level of functioning is a miracle but she is now in college and having problems. She pushes herself with courses and a work schedule. She has started experiencing significant depression. Through out her teenage years she did notice some weakness in left side with coordination and is clumsy at times. I wonder if her depression could be related to the amount of damage to her brain and not getting enough of the right chemicals from brain functioning. What type of doctor do we need to see? She is seeing a counselor to help manage some of the depression. I just strongly feel its related to the damaged brain but don't know how to proceed to help her.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013