Pregnant women. USS shows bright spot on bowel, small head and cyst on the umbilical cord. Should any precautions be taken?

I'm 22 this is my second baby other baby perfect girl . Just had my 18 wk 5 day ultrasound and it showed the femor and humerous bones r 2 wks behind and bright spot on bowel and small head and cysit on the umbilicial cord . So I had the amnio and fish test done yesterday and waiting on results .y husband is 22 also we hav no family history of problem . Could they be off on my due date and baby be on track then ?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Bright spot on the bowel or echogenecity is a normal finding in many cases. Reduced bowel movement in the fetus, low maternal belly fat and blood in the amniotic fluid are some of the causes for such an observation. Sometimes, it is seen associated with poor fetal growth, cystic fibrosis, intestinal blockage, chromosomal anomalies and fetal infection. Blood tests, amniocentesis (if absolutely necessary) and high resolution ultrasound are to be done. Hope this helps.