Pregnant with sharp stabbing pain in the lower pelvis and stomach. Is the baby safe?

My wife is about 14 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child and has been having occasional sharp stabbing pains in her torso. I say torso because sometimes it is lower near her pelvis , sometimes it is higher in her stomach and others it is right below her sternum in her solarplexis. Ever thing i have read says it is likely her insides shifting around and adjusting to what is going on, but I just want to make sure I am not missing something which could be harming her or the baby.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013