Pregnant with itching on the abdomen. Will this affect the baby?

hi. im on my 39th week plus 6 days of pregnancy.. i felt bit itchy on my abdomen 3 days ago.. but became really itchy 2 days ago up to now..though i tried not scratch it i can t help it as it was really annoyingly i see red dots around my abdomen and bit worried now if it has bad effects on my baby boy.i tried putting baby wipes on imy tummy and put cotton muslin squares. i wanna know if is this normal and what are the remedies i can do. thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013