Pregnant with hypertension. High BP at the hospital. How can I calm myself during the hospital visits?

Hello, I have controlled hypertension and am 24 weeks pregnant. I also have white coat phobia and a fear of having my bp taken and getting a high reading. However I check it at home everyday and it is always very good. However, when I get to the ob doctor (even the night before) I get anxiety and when I sit down to have it taken I panic. It s really upsetting and disappointing because I know that it is actually under control but it s hard to prove when all the doctor sees is a high reading. I can t take anxiety pills being pregnant so I need an effective way to calm myself? Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013