Pregnant with fever, cold and sore throat, taking Amoxycillin, relived from fever. Is it tonsillitis?

Hello, I am 32 weeks pregnant and have been in bed with flu like sypmtoms (fever, cough, sore throat , painful sinuses and ears) for a 7 days. I have also been prescribed amoxycillin 500mg. The cough has subsided a lot and fever, however I still have a very sore throat and wondered if I had viral tonsilitis . I am not sure if just bed rest is what I need? What other rememdies could I use, or should I go back to my GP? Is tonsilitis dangerous during pregnancy? Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013