Pregnant with TSH level elevated. Advised to take thyronorm. Will this affect the babies?

Dear Dr, Iam 7 weeks pregnant. My free T4 is in the normal range. But my TSH level was found to be too elevated (14.8). Doctor had suggested me to take 125mg of thyronorm. Will that be ok to bring down the TSH level within 12 weeks? I came to know that the brain development starts from 12th week of pregnancy. I was found to have twins in ultrasound image. will that high levels affect my twins growth both physically and mentally. Do i need to terminate my pregnancy?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012