Pregnant with PV bleeding. Scan shows embryo present CRL 2.9mm and heartbeat absent. What to do?

Hi I am a pregnant at 10weeks with PV bleeding it was bleeding last 3 days but just a little bit .today I went to the hospital to do the scan The sonographer said it looked like 5 weeks Embryo present CRL 2.9mm Heartbeat absent They counseled about risk of mis. What can I do ? It is not bleeding now and I feel ok
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

Bleeding PV for 3 days during early pregnancy should be dealt with caution. In the presence of absent fetal heart beat and disproportionate foetal age and age by last menstrual period, possibility of risk to foetus must be kept in mind. You can get a second ultrasound done a week later and discuss with your gynecologist the chances of favourable outcome of your pregnancy.

Hope this helps