Pregnant with 2nd child, had pre-term delivery earlier, advised Alpha Hydroxy Progesterone injections. Should I take these?

Hi Doctor I am 13 weeks pregnant with my 2nd Child. My first child came at 35 weeks (pre-term). This time, I have a 5 cm fibroid inside my uterus on left lateral side. My OBG has recommended that I should start taking the 17P Alpha Hydroxy Progesterone injections (starting at 16 weeks) to prevent pre-term labour this time. Question: 1)Should I take these injections? 2) What are the side -effects? 3) What is the success rate?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012