Pregnant, ultrasound showed single cephalic intrauterine pregnancy, mid lying anterior placenta, grade 2 normohydramnious. Normal?

hi im cristina 22 yrs.old im now 33 weeks pregnant. I got my ultrasound result i just wanna know if it s ok .tne result is its a single cephalic intrauterine pregnancy of a live fetus equivalent of 33wks. and 4dys AOG showing active somatic movements and FHB at 147bpm. Placenta is mid-lying anteriorly located. Grade ll. Normohydramnious. Dok, its that ok?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Hello there,

Your ultrasound report is perfect as per the gestational age you have mentioned that is 33weeks.
SINGLE CEPHALIC means there is one baby with its head facing down which is the most common and normal position of baby.

33wks 4days gestation implies that your baby's growth corresponds to your period of pregnancy i.e. 33weeks.

ACTIVE SOMATIC MOVEMENTS means your baby is well moving inside you which you can appreciate yourself by counting the number of kicks. It also implies that your baby is healthy and fine as when movements decrease otherwise.

FHB of 147 bpm is perfect. (normal range is 120-160 bpm) Its shows the number of times your baby's heart is beating in one minute.

PLACENTA MID ANTERIOR lying is a very normal position of placenta. You need to worry about placental position only when your ultrasound shows it to be low lying.

Normohydramnios means your amniotic fluid i.e. fluid surrounding the baby is adequate in amount which helps in proper growth and movement of the baby.

General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi..crisan.., the readings of the above reports is within the normal range..
the developing fetus is fine..
Need not worry...

Take care..