Pregnant, took Vagisil for yeast infection, had sex with it, irritation and pain. What to do ?

Hi im 33 weeks pregnant and i recently found out i had a yeast infecr monday. I got a over counter cream called vagisil to help with itching, after 2 days of using the cream i forgot i had the cream on during intercourse and ever since then its been painful and very irritated to were i can t Can barely close my legs, its puffy red hot and irrited HELP
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
I should give some advice:
When you are using medication you should interrupt intercourse minimally 5-7 days
Often should take the medication and the partner
Possible reservoirs of infection may also lead to recontamination and should be treated(skin,digitis,nail beds,umbilicus,bladder)
Pregnancy is a predisposing factor
Use the cream 2-3 times daily
Keep the personal hygiene
(When you use cream you should wash than wipe and than apply 2-3 time daily and for your partenr)

take care of your self