Pregnant through IVF, did ultrasound heart beat, fetal pole not detected. Had high HCG level. Impending miscarriage?

I am 6weeks 1 day pregnant. The date is correct because I went through IVF. I had an ultrasound this morning, and there was a gestational sac and a yolk sac, but not fetal pole or heart beat was detected. The u/s technician and doctor did not seem to be worried. I am worried though, because I had high HCG levels for the three weeks before (more than doubling every 48 hours). It would seem that I would have been able to see more on the ultrasound. Is this an impending miscarriage?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013