Pregnant suggested to take betnesol. Is it safe to take? Premature childbirth suspected

Hello, my wife is 30 week pregnant, her reports shows everything to be normal, also doctor had told us earlier that baby growth is good but on last visit to doctor it was found that my wife had gained 2.5kgs in 15 days, so doctor suggested to take betnesol 12 mg 2 doses, as doctor suspects premature baby.. Kindly suggests its side effects and also will it have any health affects to mother or baby, 2) was it advisable to take this dosage based on the weight gain Also want to know is 2.5kgs in 15 days is too high Note: before pregnancy my wife was 49.x kgs 29th week- 61.8 kg and now in 30th week she is 64.4kg BP: 70/122 Please advice, waiting for ur reply... thanks in advance :)
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013