Pregnant suffering from tonsillitis, inflamed gums and mouth ulcers. Taking Amoxicillin. Will this affect the baby?

Hi, I m 8 months pregnant (34weeks+1) I m suffering with tonsillitis , which has also brought on inflamed gums and mouth ulcers on my tongue and upper mouth. My doctor has prescribed Amoxicillin 500mg to take 1 x 3 times a day. My first question, how could I treat my gums and ulcers if I m on amoxicillin? My second question, I m worried about my unborn child, due to all of the following I m in so much pain I can t eat anything. I ve forced liquids down me, but it takes forever. What can I do to help my unborn baby?
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012