Pregnant, stung by brown scorpion on big toe, tingling on lips and tongue, no rash, used ice and vinegar. Is my baby safe?

I m needing to put my mind and heart at ease. I was stung 5-1-12 by a brown scorpion, it stung my rt big toe . I applied ice and vinegar helped with the sting. My tongue and lips began to tingle and lasted 24 hrs. I am however 6 weeks pregnant . Can the venom affect my growing baby? I called every doctor possible... Understandable they don t wanna be liable for giving medical advice over the phone. I advised no rash, HR:WNL, and read that the venom attacks the Central Nervous System but I m just worried about my 6 week old! Please give me some advice.
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Since the scorpion venom did noit have much effect on you, it is not likely to affect your baby too. Thgere are not much studies available to see any such effect. But your baby is likely to be safe.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal