Pregnant, stomach cramps, squeezing sensation, bloating. Treatment?

Hello dr., im 34 weeks pregnant tomorrow, I feel a band (about 2-3 inches in height that starts in lower back to front under belly button. My whole stomach ges hard as if it were a braxton hick but it feels crampy and kinda like menstrul cramps around my whole back to stomach. It feels like in the 2-3 inches high around my spine like someone is squeezing it like a fist. Its hard to time, it stays constant pain about 3-4 mins but goes away for a 20-30 min period. I dont want to call the midwife for her to just say come in if its nothing, its about a 40 min drive and I would have to call my husband at work to come home to get me to go up there. I just want to know what you think before I even go in and waste my time?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012