Pregnant, stomach contractions, sharp pain in lower abdomen, vagina. Cause of concern?

I am 38w and 2d pregnant with my first. For the past couple hours my stomach has been getting really hard, which I am told to be bh contractions. However for the past hour or so I have been getting this really sharp pain in my lower abdominal area and also my vagina . The pain lasts about 1-2 mins. What could this sharp pain be? Are these real contractions? Or should I be concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
You are term already.You need to go see your doctor immediately for examination to see whether you're in labour or not.If the pain is not decreasing but increasing in intensity then go to the hospital asap.