Pregnant, smelling burnt plastic. Will these toxic fumes affect my baby?

My landlord is killing the grass with a big black plastic sheet. It is about 100 degrees here every day and I smell burnt plastic outside. This has been going on since June. I ve been smelling the burnt plastic but never realized it was from the cover outside till today. I m pregnant and have a toddler and am concerned about breathing in toxic fumes all summer. Is it possible that we are breathing in toxic fumes or just smelling harmless plastic?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

We do not know the chemicals being burnt alongwith plastics. It is not a normal practise to burn plastics for 5 months at the cost of social health. Please have a word with your landlord and make him understand the pollution he is causing by burning plastics. I hope he will understand and co operate.

Hope thishelps