Pregnant, slightly low fluid, some damage to placenta. What to do ?

Hi, I wonder if you can assist me. I am currently 14w 5d pregnant. I had a gynae visit when I was 13w 2d and my scan went well however my fluid was slightly low. Baby measured the correct age as well. Yesterday I got the results of all the blood tests. My gynae says the test results are normal but advised me that he can tell there has been some damage to the placenta as I was a smoker until recently. I will not touch another cigarette but want Im desperately wanting to know is whether the placenta can heal itself and whether my slightly low amniotic fluid can increase for me to have a healthy pregnancy. My next visit is at 20 weeks and I am feeling so stressed. Please advise. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013