Pregnant, severe lower abdominal pain below navel, taken painkillers. Is it safe?

Hi Doctor..I am in 7th mnth of my pregnancy... day before yesterday i had severe pain in lower abdomen .. i mean 4 inch below my naval.. it was unbearable.. is it okay/normal, i really got scared.. was unable to get up from from bed, pain was only at that single point.. felt like some thing is strechingfrom that point. I took pain killer prescribed by my gynac but soem friends suggest that we shoud not take pain killers during this period. pls help me .
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012