Pregnant, scan showed posterior placenta up to OS. Should I refrain from sex?

HI Doc, I am 15 weeks pregnant. ,In my 12 weeks and 4 days scan i was reported that i have a posterior placenta and coming up to os. When i met my gynaec she said to be little cautious abt travel and all that for 2 weeks.. My husband is in abroad and coming down during my 18th week Should we refrain from sex during that time.. pls advise,,,
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
May 2013
as there is chance of heavy bleeding in case of low lying placenta that too extended up to the os, better to refrain from intercourse,
though sometimes the placenta can migrate upwards with progression of gestational age, that may not be much ahead of os within 3 more weeks,
so better to be careful.
take care.