Pregnant, red spot on abdomen, scabbing on itching, hard and painful. Dangerous boil?

Hi, I am 15 weeks pregnant; last week i noticed a red spot on my lower abdomen area that itched somewhat (like a mosquito bite). I kept scratching and when I woke up the following morning, i had a small scab as if I scratched it too much. the scab fell off however the pimple like is still quite hard and hurts somewhat. do u think it might be a boil/ cyst and if so is that dangerous..can i put something over it make it better
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012