Pregnant, red blood in toilet. Is Everything normal?

Dear doctor,

I am 7 weeks pregnant and just noticed a few very small specs (flakes?) of red blood in the toilet after I urinated. They were about the size of a pencil tip. It was really very little blood and there was nothing on the toilet paper. I don't have any discomfort or pain. I called my doctor but the office staff is currently on lunch. Any idea what this might be?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Such bleeding during the pregancy are common and usualy means nothing. If you dont have pain,discomfort or excessive bleeding you shouldnt be worried. It can be sign of vaginal wall bleeding or cervical bleeding caused by hormonal impact on mucosa. I suggest not to worry,if symptoms persist or progress visit hospital as soon as you can. WIsh you good health.