Pregnant, radiating pain from belly button to lower back. What could be the cause ?

Hi, My wife is getting a radiating pain from belly button to lower back . Her pregnancy is 26 week. And frequency of such severe pains are 3-4 times a day. She went in to crying all the time while pain. Now i have consulted two gynecologist but none able to identify the root cause/reason. I am very worried that what is the actual cause of same. For information my wife remained hospitalised around 5 days but pain is still there. I am doubtful about preterm labor and related utrine contractions and didnt want the delivery before due date. Please help. And comment on such irregular but very sharp spike of pains in 26th week. Should it will remain like this till 9 month completion? Is there any cure? Please guide i am very nervous and worried
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013