Pregnant, prescribed levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. Will it affect the baby?

Hi, i am 24 years old and just found out that im 4 & 1/2 weeks pregnant ... about a month ago i was diognoised with hypothyriodism from an er doctor my level read 5.81. the following day my primary care doc said that my levels wernt that dramatic and that i would be fine not taking the 0.25 mg of levothyroxine that the er doc perscribed. not that im pregnant im worried about bad effects for the baby. I have an apt on tues but im really worried, what should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012