Pregnant, pap indicated large numbers of neutrophils. What could the cause be?

I am 8 weeks pregnant hwever on the 6 weeks I did a pap smear due to an enlarged ovary, however at 8 week, the ovary remains in that size so there s nothing to worry about my gynae said. However, the pap smear indicated Large numbers of neutrophils present, no endocervical cells or squamous metaplastic cells present, no Trichomonas or Candida organisms are seen. Negative for intraepithelial lesion or malignancy and CLASS 1. Please advise about the large number of neutrophils. Is it because of an inflammation of my uterus or just merely because of pregnancy or isit the cyst or isit because of streptococcus B.?Please help.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013