Pregnant, painful cramps in leg muscles, not able to walk, applied moist heat. Could it be a blood clot?

I am 35 years old and am 35 weeks pregnant. two nights ago i woke up with the worst AAAAAAA horse ive ever had. it was exteremly painful. it woke me up two more time that night , and i was unalble to walk it off yesterday. i applied moist heat to it all night last night and it tightenes back up. I can barely walk on it. it wants to give out. could it be a blood clot? Have had them a couple times in my life and could walk them off by mid morning, but this time is different.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012

The solution is to massage and stretch the muscle. This is an instinct and most often solves the problem. Hot water baths are helpful. Know the ways to prevent leg cramps in future. Stay hydrated, exercise with a trainer and slowly, stretch regularly.

A muscle that crosses two joints suffer from such cramps. calf and thigh muscles are most commonly involved.