Pregnant, pain and itchiness in areoli. Should i be concerned?

Hi, in curare tu pregnant and 19 recently my areoli has become very dry and the when the white peelings came of a dark scab appeared on it. The scab came of with the rubbing of a bra and left a sticky clear wetness on my areoli. The scabs formed again and it seemed like it was peeling naturally so I picked at it. But again the wetness was there and it formed again. There is a lot of itchiness an a little of pain until I noticed that my bra had left over scabs and a little blood . I am wondering if I should be concerned or not?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concern about itchiness in your areoli. However you do not need to be concerned as it is not uncommon during pregnancy to have this condition. If you have any issues with your brassiere during pregnancy, please make sure that you change them since breast enlargement is also the norm during pregnancy. I believe that you should consult an obstetrician and read up about normal pregnancy as your pregnancy progresses. All the very best.

Take care of yourself and have a lovely day!