Pregnant, occasional pelvic pain, burning sensation, blood spots. Ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage?

I m 8 weeks pregnant with my first child. I haven t seen a doctor yet because I am waiting for my medicaid to go through. Since week 6, I have had occaisional pelvic pain (most of the time on my left side, but It has happened on the right side a couple times as well) this happens about twice a day and only lasts about 30 seconds. The pain is pretty severe though and feels almost like a menstrual cramp , but also ssort of like a burning sensation as well. Last night around 12:30, I went to the restroom and noticed clear discharge with some bright red blood mixed in with it. I wiped, and the blood was gone, but then it happpened again at abou 9:00 this morning. I m very worried that these could be signs of an ectopic pregnancy or even a miscarriage. Are these normal symptoms? Or should I go to the ER?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012