Pregnant not gaining enough weight. What should be the proper weight gain?

Im 5ft 8 or 9in and im 16 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I was told I was not gaining enough wait. So what I want to know what is the proper weight am I suppose to be. I guess its a mental thing because I never weighted more than 185 pounds; even then I felt a little big. But its not for me anymore its about my baby. So what should I do??
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,

Thanks for writing to us,

The weight gain during a normal pregnancy, is about only 2 to 3 pounds for 1st trimester (1st three months). After that 1pound per every week.

As you are on 16th week of pregnancy , if you gained 7to 8 pounds of weight ,it is normal .

Do routine ultrasound at least once a trimester , to know your babies condition.
let me know if you have any doubts,