Pregnant, normal BP, USG scan shows posterior placenta reaching the internal os. Precautionary measures?

I am 34 years old and a mother of a 3.5 year old girl. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with my second baby. IMy BP always stays between 100/70 to 120/80. All through my first pregnancy (all of 9 mths) I had vomiting and it seems similar with the second pregnancy too. During my 13th week s USG scan, my report showed a posterior placenta reaching upto the internal OS. My first pregnancy was normal with the baby s weight being 2.875 kg and I want my second one to be so too. My EDD as per LMP is 03rd April 2013 and as per USG is 05th April 2013. I am currently working and lead a moderately active lifestyle. Should I be worried? Any precautions I need to take?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
Welcome to HCM
Your past obstetrical history is good.
This type of placenta is known as placenta preavia or low lying placenta as detected by USG. 13 weeks is early stage of pregnancy. As pregnancy advances there is migration of placenta away from internal cervical os.
So you should be in regular check up by USG for placenta localization.
Do not worry much ,take some precaution and vigilant for painless bleeding or spotting per vagina.
Avoid Coitus and exceesive weight lifting.
Take adequate rest .
Regular blood pressure monitoring.
Best of luck .
Any further question you are welcome to ask.