Pregnant, leaking small amounts of water, feeling fatigued, headache, cold. Is it labor ?

Hello there! I am 37 and four days pregnant. Went to hospital on my husbands insistance, two weeks ago as I am occasionally leaking small amounts of water but was released home after the doctor checked me out saying it looked intact down there, however advised I should wear pads and bring them inn if it continues as I might need to take infection preventive antibiotics . The gushes became less frequent and I did not go back as I don t feel inclined to getting induced/ would like things to happen in time. However over the past weeks I had an energy boost, the day before yesterday the baby dropped low (can breathe and eat again) but today I feel extreme fatigue , thirst, hot and cold though without fever and light headache . I don t know if this is my body getting ready for labor? Or the beginning of a cold? Should I go and get checked out again? Or just sleep it through? Thanks for your time, Marie
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Your symptoms indicate malaise and so you should rule out any chances of infection by getting tested. There will be no problem if you deliver at any time now as the baby has reached maturity. You should not take chances as the membranes have already leaked and the chances of infection should be carefully looked for. I suggest that you take advice from your doctor. Wish you a safe delivery.